The Mid Mod Ranch Project

Built in 1957, our mid century ranch style home in greater Meyerland, Houston was purchased by us in 2003. We want to preserve the craft of good design as the balance of aesthetics and utility that the era of modernism, within which our house was built, so well defines. Join us on our remodeling journey through the wonderful world of mid mod design.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Miscellaneous Items

A gift from my designer, this candle holder was found in Debbie's home and she knew I needed it:

Tea jar lamp, a birthday gift from Chris purchased in 2003 from a local antiques dealer. Art deco horse heads from circa 1940's purchased in 2010 from a local dealer:



Also gifted from Debbie, a mid century Robin's egg blue pottery dish:

On the right a sculpture that once lived in Debbie's father-in-law's New York apartment and I inherited when he passed; on the left a 1950's tv lamp my mom gave me:

And this beauty, a mid century frosted glass martini decanter with five martini glasses, I purchased from Martin Mercader of Mercader Antiques on 19th Street in the Houston Heights:
Check out the detail:

No comments:

Post a Comment